Man is to technology what the bee is to the flower. It’s man’s intervention that allows technology to expand and evolve itself and in return, technology offers man convenience, wealth and the lessening burden of physical labor via its automated systems
What is biohacking?
Biohacking is a do-it-yourself biochemical restoration. By making small, incremental diet or lifestyle changes, “biohackers” make small improvements in health and well-being. Biohacking is where the best of the best are living.
The promise is anything from quick weight loss to enhanced brain function. Implementation of the following options will help balance the body and brain and increase daily functionality.
What are the different types of biohacking?
The three most popular types are nutrigenomics, DIY biology, and grinder.
Nutrigenomics is all about how the food we eat interacts with our genes. And what happens when we change the food we eat and how this affects our bodies and minds.
Mapping and testing different nutrients can optimize a person’s health. Understanding the body’s genetic expression will help counterbalance the intake of the correct foods. This is over otherwise know as DIY biology. The New Life Marbella Team can provide all the blood and stools test necessary to start this process.
As an example, a rash on the skin arguably indicates an issue in the stomach. Oregano oil will destroy any bad bacteria causing skin irritation. However, to reach the bad bacteria, any heavy metals need to be removed from the body. To remove heavy metals a drink including Roman lettuce, watercress, parsley, coriander, wheatgrass, spirulina, and Kangen Water daily will flush out heavy metals from the body.
The process takes between three to six months and needs to be supported by a strict diet, without meats, sugar, dairy, wheat, rice, and the list goes on. The advised diet is a basic VEGAN diet. This is hard to initially implement but once done the results are incredible.
Does biohacking work? Why not ask the New Life Marbella Team.
Nutrigenomics “hack” biology in several ways:
1. help achieve physical, mental, or emotional changes, such as losing weight or reducing depression symptoms.
2. help optimize a bodily function, such as your blood pressure or gut bacteria
Nutrigenomics research suggests that gene expression changes are one piece of the puzzle. Exercise, stress levels, and weight all play a role in your body’s response.
Is biohacking safe?
Supplements and changes in diet are safe. Even somebody mods, like RFID implants, may be safe when overseen by a medical professional, however, we do not recommend implementation of technology, we prefer natural remedies.
How can you use regular blood testing to biohack?
Blood work is imperative to effective biohacking. It can tell you a lot about your body’s levels of various nutrients and components like plasma and cell count.
Blood tests can tell you if a new food you’re eating is affecting your vitamin levels or helping you to achieve a specific biological process. For example, getting a blood test before and after taking vitamin B12 supplements for greater cognitive function can show you whether the supplements have affected your B12 levels. Most clients arriving into New Life Marbella are deficient in the following nutrients:
- Fulvic Acid
Blood tests give you raw data to work with, whether your biohack is working at a cellular level.
How do you biohack with nootropics?
Nootropics affect mood, productivity, or attention span and are substances in natural, supplements, food, and beverages used to increase cognitive function.
You’ve likely already tried a common nootropic — caffeine. Piracetam is a medication used for improving cognitive function.
4 Simple ways to biohack at home
Here are some relatively safe biohacks you can try at home. Contact us for more information.
1. Caffeine is well-known as a productivity booster.
Start with an 8-ounce serving of black coffee, green tea, or caffeinated foods like dark chocolate. Drink the coffee at the same time every day and keep a journal. Do you feel more focused? More anxious? Tired? Try tweaking the dose until you find what makes you feel the best.
There’s even coffee with a biohacker twist, known as bulletproof coffee. Bulletproof coffee contains compounds like medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil, known as an energy booster and weight-loss tool.
2. An elimination diet is exactly what it sounds like. Remove items from your diet and then slowly re-introduce it to see how it affects your body. This is a popular option if you think you’re allergic to a food or are concerned that a food may be causing inflammation, such as dairy, red meat, or processed sugar, this is particularly popular when starting a Candida Diet regime.
There are two primary steps to an elimination diet:
1. Remove one or more foods from your diet completely.
2. Wait about two weeks, then reintroduce the eliminated foods slowly back into your diet.
3. During the second, or reintroduction, phase, keep a close eye on any symptoms that appear, such as:
- stomach pain
- other abnormal symptoms
This may mean that you’re allergic to that food.
3. Blue light for a mood boost. Blue light from the sun can help you boost your mood or enhance your cognitive performance. Direct sunlight day (about 3-6 hours or whatever’s realistic for you), will have an immediate change to a client’s mood.
But keep in mind that sunlight contains the same blue light that’s emitted from phone and computer screens. This light can keep you awake by interrupting your circadian rhythm. At night turn off all technology and step away from watching TV. Wear special light effect glasses to support the correct brain activity.
4. Intermittent fasting is a type of dieting method that involves only eating between certain times, then fasting for an extended period until the next designated time to eat.
For example, eat during an eight-hour period from noon to 8 p.m., then fast from 8 p.m. until noon the next day.
Fasting in this way has several proven benefits:
- lowering insulin. Levels so that your body can burn fat more efficiently
- helping your cells repair any damaged tissues protecting you from diseases like cancer
Talk to your doctor before beginning an elimination diet if you:
- have diabetes or problems regulating your blood sugar
- have low blood pressure
- are taking medications
- have a history of an eating disorder
- are pregnant or breastfeeding